- WP1 – Project Management, Monitoring & Ethics: will undertake managerial and coordination activities in the project and provide overall guidance in terms of project plan, scope and progress, administrative and financial issues, technical management and quality assurance.
- WP2 – UAM Operational and Safety Concepts Definition: will review previous projects focused on technology developments to enable UAM operations, get inputs from ongoing ER projects (i.e., DACUS), explore the suitability of ConOps definitions already tested in representative environments, propose a safety assessment framework to be used during the definition of use cases (based on SORA and other methodologies), align and update WP outputs according with what recommended in WP7 about applicable regulations and standardization processes, rules of the Air to be applied, operations under Specific and Certified categories, Data Management, Data flows definition, CNS infrastructure requirements.
- WP Leader: BOEING RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY EUROPE S.L.U.
- WP3 – Use Cases and Scenario Definition: will detail the application of ConOps and Safety analysis to specific use cases, including airspace assessment, flight procedures, airspace structure, coordination procedures with stakeholders, definition of simulation requirements, use of simulations to take decisions on technical
solution, airspace structure, etc.
- WP Leader: CRANFIELD UNIVERSITY
- WP4 – Technical Solution Definition: will define the U-Space architecture definition, Communication protocols, CNS architecture and simulation environment required to test the proposed concept of operations by implementing the U-space, UTM and ATM system models. Additionally, it will define the test plans (test cases, environment, acceptance criteria, preconditions…).
- WP Leader: INGENIERIA Y ECONOMIA DEL TRANSPORTE SME MP SA
- WP5 – U-Space Management and Aerial Systems Deployment: will define the test plan to check the
behavior and the performance of the proposed Concept of Operations according to the identified KPIs.
- WP Leader: ANRA TECHNOLOGIES UK LTD
- WP6 – Experimentation and Flight Testing: will perform the tests to check the behavior and the performance of the proposed Concept of Operations according to the identified KPIs.
- WP Leader: STICHTING NATIONAAL LUCHT- EN RUIMTEVAARTLABORATORIUM
- WP7 – Support to Standardization and Regulation: will identify existing standardisation and regulatory gaps associated to U-space in the context of UAM, provide guidance to WP2 on applicable regulation to support the definition of the AMU-LED ConOps and Safety Assessment Framework and to WP 4 on the standards to map some of those gaps to the use cases to be studied in the project and will gather lessons learnt to provide recommendations to standards bodies (EUROCAE, ASTM, etc) and EASA.
- WP Leader: AIRBUS OPERATIONS SL
- WP8 – Dissemination and Communication: will disseminate the results of the project, creating strong awareness of the initiative, and will ensure the potential feasibility of AMU-LED through a detailed stakeholder consultation process, which is fundamental as an input to the decision of incorporating AMU-LED into the
ATM Master Plan.